Saturday, January 26, 2008

In case you missed it:

A few days ago I made this post in the NWN 2 official forums, which is pretty much something I'd put in my blog but a little more technical because there's a lot of builders there.

Only reason I'm bringing it up is to save myself some typing. The area I was talking about in that post that was giving me the fps problems...as I began to fill it in with npcs and such, it was really pushed to the breaking point. So I spent the better part of a day splitting that single area into six, something I had wanted to avoid because it's a pretty big hassle. But it's done now.

Aside from that, I finished up a few sidequests and will continue finishing up some more. The next two will require another area to be built, but I can squeeze two quest chains into them. I'm starting to get to the point where I can put multiple quest chains into the areas I have with only dialogue modifications, so that's nice. But that will also change soon as I get away from the temples.


In other news, the cheating Patriots have cemeted their path to the Super Bowl...not that there was any doubt that they would or there's any doubt that they'll trash the Giants in the big game even if they didn't cheat. But I think it's a sad season for the NFL when a team of known cheaters goes completely unpenalized to a perfect season. I mean, the coach got fined, but big deal! Most of the victories but to that point were illegitimate. It's a little disrespectful to Dan Marino's legacy, as he's led the only team in NFL history to have an undefeated season decades ago just because they were good, and the first team to match that feat had to cheat to do it. And the sad thing is I don't thik the Patriots would have had to cheat, they were probably good enought to do it straight up.

I know, I know..."everybody's doing it!" Well, y'all got caught.

So, I find this season in the NFL completely meaningless.

You can also draw some strange parallels between the Patriots and the United States. The Patriots stunk for years, probably until they redesigned their stupid olg logo into something a little more cool. Then 9/11 happened and the Patriots took it personally and as their way of showing the US that America rules they dominated the NFL and won the Superbowl...against a bunch of other American teams, but still they were the most patriotic of teams. Then in the following years, everybody kind of got sick of them winning all the time. Tom Brady left his long time girlfriend...who is pregnant...for a brazillian super model. Basically Tom Brady turned out to be a pretty big douche bag. Then they picked up Randy Moss, who is king douche bag. Then they cheated their way to the Super Bowl. So by now everyone does, or if you're a Pats fan you really should, hate what the Patriots have become. I do, screw them!

This is around the time when everyone was like "USA! USA! USA!" on their way to work or whatever, the US messed up really big a few times, and now everyone's kind of hating America. And you can call me a Pats fan in that regard because American is awesome, but I'm just saying it's a strange coincidence.

The Tom Cruise Scientology video was insane. You should check that out. It's like he's a pretty big douche bag in that video, and you could find some more douche bags in other Scientologist videos, like these guys who apparently don't realize jamming your face really close to a camera and mouth breathing is pretty douchey, but the point is this week has been check out these douche bag Scientologists week.

Not that I'm saying anything bad about the Church of Scientology, not a fan myself but I know how Scientology do and don't really want to get into it, just that those particular guys are douche bags.

What else? The Elections? Who cares? If you thought Randy Moss was a douche bag...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep doubting the Giants like everyone else. You know this is the biggest mismatch since, oh... Super Bowl 36.

dirtywick said...

Might turn out to be more like 35.

Oh well. As a Packers fan I've eaten my words once already. I've got a little room left.