Saturday, May 24, 2008

Some screenshots, Magibon, and...I don't even know, I'm still really confused.

Well, let's get the screenshots out of the way. I've created a beholder's lair, that will also be filled with driders and a new, secret creature never before seen in a D&D game, so take a look:

Click here
Click here
Click here
Clikc here
Click here

Ha! Just messing with you. Those are just some screens of a regular house. You can see a couple of altars, to both Azuth and Velsharoon respectively. This is one of the noble houses, a house of mages. See, the Simbul doesn't take males or non-humans as apprentices, so I figured they'd need somewhere to go. Besides Thay.

Anyway, fun stuff.

Here's something else that's really weird. Normally I'm not one to surf YouTube all day, having being unenlightened enough not to understand the appeal of being "in" on the latest viral crazes out there whereupon I should note that I've never claimed to be more than an American who likes explosions and swear words, or perhaps even punching people who then explode while swearing. In any case I read about this broad on a different blog, so I'm covered there about being aware of this despite it's lack of exploding swear words. Her name is Magibon, and apparently the Japanese like to watch her videos by the millions. If you're not Japanese, you're understandably as confused as I am. Again, this goes right back to my question about what's the appeal, but I digress.

Go ahead and watch the video. I did. Look, this thing already has a few million hits, so your refusal (rightfully so) to watch it on the principal that it's probably pretty stupid is understandable, but it's way too late to do anything about it. Hop on in with us unwashed masses and be as confused as we are.

Nice and confused? Good. In addition to making me feel better (befuddlement loves company, or is that misery? Eh, either way) it should make you curious enough to learn more. That's how she gets you! But don't worry, you don't have to look any further than this site:

www.magibon.com

Alright, so you're probably even more confused now. That's good, I was too. It puts you in the proper state of mind to accept the reality of this situation:

I just killed you. My bad.

And I'm really sorry about that, but it had to be done. For your own protection! At least I didn't Rick Roll you. In my day that was goatse or tubgirl. This was when movies were scary and all that. Times have changed when this fluff hair fruit is considered to be more horrifying than a woman drinking her own enema. And trust me, once you see goatse it'll be burned into your mind, you won't be able to close your eyes without seeing it. Don't even try to find it if you haven't ever seen it. I've done enough to you by killing you, so try and enjoy your last week.

Anyway, it's really simple. Remember that M. Night Shamylianaire movie where you watch that video and then you get a phone call and a girl climbs out of your TV and you die for some reason, even though it's just a slow moving little girl who you could probably just like kick in the ribs while she slowly crawls at you in stop motion? Yeah, I know that movie wasn't very good, but neither was the one I just linked to you. See where I'm going with this?

And I'm really sorry about that. But just to be straight with you, you'll be getting a phone call pretty soon. Except nothing will happen when you pick it up, because this Magibon is just staring at the phone and blinking being all incapable of speech and whatnot. But you're just going to have to assume, like I did, that you'll die in seven days when you get that call, because of complicated logic, and possibly logistics, that I don't want to waste any more of your little remaining time on. Then basically you'll be doing something around a computer and your browser will go to YouTube, and she'll crawl out of the monitor and somehow you'll die. Brain frying confusion? That's all speculation at this point. But the one thing that is certain is your'e as good as dead, and it's my fault.

Or at least, that's the theory I'm running with.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the heck?

dirtywick said...

I'm trying to figure that out.

j, dave's not here man!

Anonymous said...

It's comment spam, dude, he's trying to improve his search engine rating by seeding links on your blog.

Please delete them ASAP...

Btw, just listened to your NWN Podcast episode... You have the same first name as Maerduin, or is it spelled differently?

dirtywick said...

I don't get to make that many Cheech and Chong references.

I'm not sure how he spells it, but it's the same name.

Jazhara7 said...

So, if I'm going to die in 7 days because of you, I hope that you'll at least release the next module before that, because I don't want to die without having seen this story to the end. :P

Though seriously, my idea of heaven has access to the Internet, computers, always gets the newest books published there too, and I get to see all my friends and family again eventually. So yeah, it's pretty much like my life already is, except that people don't kill each other. :P


- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Wyrin said...

hehe... tubgirl and goatse.cx... the memories... the horrid horrid memories....

to think that now counts as nostalgia....

Anonymous said...

Hey d-dub, I posted another report on the beta thread after finishing all the current content.