Thursday, May 1, 2008

Only 4% of you think I'm a jerk

Which is good news, as far as I'm concerned. When I take my daughter to pre-school, I need to swipe her in using a card. There's a lady that works the computer there, takes payments, I guess clicks something when we swipe...I don't know, it looks like an easy job. Anyway, I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm a jerk. I just get that vibe. So I kind of act like a jerk to her, because I'm getting a "this guy's a jerk" vibe. So I don't really blame her, to be honest.

Anyway, good to see so many people replay these things. I do rarely myself. I wish there was more mods out there though, because I can't mess with the original NWN anymore, the UI is too awful in comparison (and you can't even mod it!) and the henchmen system...it's just a headache to try and play that. Maybe super story driven ones I might mess with because of the above the combat compared to NWN2 is too sucky, but I think I'm about done with that game. I did go through a massive "uninstall old games" thing the other day, but I left it on there. You never know.

What else? I watched Cloverfield the other day. My disclaimer here is simple: It was a bootleg. One of the perks, of the very, very few, of being (or in my case, having a wife) overseas is that those guys bootleg like a mug, you can get whatever for like $2. Alright, so that said, this bootleg wasn't a very good one...like seeing people stand up in the theater, hearing laughter, arabic subtitles, and worst of all terrible video quality. I mean, it's debatable...with the way that movie is, all from a camcorder point of view, perhaps a crappy bootleg made it a lot more "authentic" in that if you got stuck trying to escape from a giant monster in Manhatten and recorded the whole thing with a crappy camcorder what I saw is probably a lot more realistic of what the picture on the camcorder would look like than what you saw with a legit copy of the movie. The bad thing, though, is that with a movie like that, sharp picture quality is a plus because all I saw was blurry crap moving all over the place. I still have no idea what the monster looks like aside from it's big, dark, and blurry. Hopefully 10,000 BC will be better (oh, did I forget to mention they bootleg stuff before it's even in the theaters? Yeah, they've got that down to a science in the Middle East! I think 10,000 BC is in the theaters though, I'm just saying when I was over there I had Terminator 3 a few weeks early...)

Far as NWN2 goes, the big project I've been working on, Driders, is going to be both a playable race and a PRC for Drow. Gives you enough to work with where if you're playing a SP mod you can just pick up a full strength drider and have a super character from the beginning, but if you run a PW you can have a special "drider" "quest" (RP wise you probably don't want to become a drider, min/max wise they're better than any race if you can make it out of the +4 LA, you're going to have HP in the teens for a long time), give the transformation feat which changes your appearance, and take 10 levels of "Drider" and slowly earn your powers and stat adjustments with no LA. But that's all done and working as far as I can tell, probably have to tweak a few things later, so that's a big project out of the way.

Far as Subtelty of Thay is concerned, this kind of set me back a bit. However, I've done a lot of the scripting for the quests I was talking about last time, and have just a little bit to go in that regard and write a few non-quest conversations, then I'll build the quests. After that, on to other things.

Alright then.

5 comments:

Jazhara7 said...

I hear 10,000 BC is rather meh, especially story wise.

Oh, and about not being able to know what the Monster looks like in Cloverfield? Don't worry. As far as I know few people know from seeing the thing, as it's just too huge to get more than maybe...a leg, if you were to tape it with a camcorder.

I'll forever imagine it as a Blue Whale with legs, as seen in the concept art. I know the actual monster ended up looking different, but I always grin like silly and shake my head when I think "Blue whale with legs! BLUE WHALE *WITH LEGS*!" ^_^

Also, I guess there's always people who think others a jerk/female dog, even if they're not. If it's any consolation, rest assured that I certainly don't think you are a a a jerk. :)


- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Josh said...

While dirtywick has always been nice to me, he's not always the same way with some of the more vocal types on the BioBoards. I still remember the conversation with the guy who couldn't decide whether to go for NWN1 or NWN2. :)

And I'm the same way, I rarely replay a game, except for BG2 - the only one where I replayed more than once. I have considered replaying MotB though.

The main gripe I have with NWN2 is that the combat is so boring often times. It's always just a mob of uberfied warriors or a mage that you can crit and kill before he even gets to buff. Contingency was an awesome spell :)

Anonymous said...

I've actually talked to you. Your not a jerk. You just have that tough exterior to you. "military guy and all"

BUT! I know your a big softy with your little one! hehe

Good job with the Driders so far! I am finally breaking into part two of SoT today for a bit. We had tornado's and horrid t-storms last night. So today. i am calling it a lazy day and thanking the wrath of weather, for allowing us to keep our electricity on! :D

Josh said...

And people at your door, shouting "I Bathroom."

:)

dirtywick said...

The sound quality for 10,000 BC was awful and the picture was cropped at the edges. In short, I got two bad bootlegs.

I really have no patience for complainers, though. There's certain people that I percieve to fall into that category...well you know.

Oh man, those storms are here now too. It's pretty wild, I hope it's a good electric storm, those are fun to watch.