Saturday, October 27, 2007

And this freaking thing won't keep me logged in!

I don't understand that. Why go to the trouble of having a "remember me" button of the freaking thing doesn't work? The only times I come to this site are for reasons that require me to be logged in. Seems like a lot of hassle for no good reason if you ask me.

Which you probably didn't. I mean, what are the odds that you'd think the same thing and say "I wonder if dirtywick feels the same way and happened to have made a post about that topic. Let's see!" Probably pretty slim.

Yeah, I'm in a bad mood. Thing is, I'm taking these college courses online, and the due date for the final was yesterday. Three days earlier than any other semester. For some arbitrary reason, they changed the due dates for finals leaving me high and dry, and they didn't even have the courtesy to send out a simple mass e-mail saying "hey, we moved the due dates for finals to a different day than what we have been using the last few years!" Not the end of the world, though. They're usually pretty cool about stuff like that and make ups. Even if they're not, it'll get sorted out. Normally I'm probably the most laid back guy you'd know, but when somebody goes off and does something stupid like that that will turn my $1200 A into a wasted $1200 D, best believe I'm going to break my foot off in somebody's ass.

But enough about that. You're probably wondering what's going on with my mod. Well, I just so happen to have a few screens with what's what on them.

Basically, I've been working on The Simbul's Palace. Seeing as how she's one of the most prolific and probably among the top 5 most powerful spellcasters in all of Faerun, I figured she need a laboratory to, I don't know, do wizard stuff in. And what happens when there's an unattended laboratory and an apprentice too big for her britches? Heavily scripted and multiple ending sidequest mischief!

Speaking of laboratory, I was typing that word out when I had one of those "You know, that doesn't look right..." moments. You know what I'm talking about, when you write out a word that you know is spelled right, but it just doesn't feel like it's right. So I looked up "labratory" online instead to cross check my crossed t's and dotted...lower case j's (props if you caught the reference, because it's party time, excellent! Woo woo woo woo!) Apparently, I would have been the 275,001st person to make that mistake, but I caught it. Most notably is the second link down on the page, a company that sells "labratory" equipment. That's got to hurt sales seeing as how your site only shows up if you spell the word wrong.

But yeah, basically the next few weeks will be occupied with building The Simbul's Palace. It's 5 areas deep, most of them double digits by double digits, so it's massive. Figure in all the NPCs that need dialogue and the huge banquet cutscene that will be influenced by the previous actions throughout the first three mods, your conduct inside the palace, and your conduct during the banquet, and all of the various sidequests/exploration opportunities in the palace, and you've got a lot of work to do. Well, I have a lot of work to do.

But it's going to be fun, this is one of the things I've been looking forward to doing.

Alright, then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"your conduct during the banquet"

Awesome.

Also, I thought I'd posted this at the Citadel, but I didn't see it afterwards so probably I forgot: My non-laptop's main HD is in death throes, so no more beta testing for me until I've done a hardware reshuffle (and probably a Vista 64 installation, now that I'm messing with things).

dirtywick said...

That's cool, flem. You've been a bigger help than I could have asked for. Whenever you're ready to pick it back up, if at all.

Good luck with Vista. My wife got that on her laptop and even basic things like connecting to a wireless network is a lot more problematic than it should be.