Friday, April 11, 2008

My Interview on NWN Podcast

You can listen to it here if you're into that kind of thing. Now apparently because you head is full of bones and organs and such, your voice sounds differently to other people than yourself. I can't listen to it because of that. Like if I saw myself on the street I'd be all like "what's going on" and then when I walked away from myself I'd be all "man, I can't stand that guy." A lot of people do that anyway I'm sure, but I'm not used to hearing that from myself.

I'm kidding of course, I'm pretty awesome.

Anyway, I ordered the new graphics card as per flem's advice yesterday. I just got regular shipping and it's already in my city according to the tracking, which is insane because it's as fast to pay nothing than to pay like $20 for next day shipping, and I probably would have gotten it later if I had paid $3 for the three day shipping. That's not quite as insane as how many emails newegg sends you when you buy one of their products. I literally got seven emails sending me my receipt and tracking number in different graphic formats.

But yeah, good day today. I think I will eat Chinese food tonight to celebrate.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you did awesome in the interview, and your voice is not weird hehe

grats on the new vid card!!

dirtywick said...

Thanks. I had to temporarily sacrifice a CD drive because I didn't have enough power cables to fanagle a solution (and just getting the thing in the box! Thing is huge!) but I'll get a splitter or whatever soon and be back in full operation.

The card is pretty nice, everything is very smooth and responsive now.

Anonymous said...

Uh, what PSU are you running on now? Maybe you need a new one. ;)

dirtywick said...

haha I don't know, it's fine for now. I guess I'll find out when I get one of those cables.

The problem is I didn't have the right connector to go directly from the power supply to the card, so I had to use this splitter thing that came with the card. I had to plug up two cables into the splitter that went into the graphics card, the same type of end that goes into your hard drives and disk drives and I was one short so I sacrificed my CD drive.

I'll buy another cable to split the power supply cables again so I can plug them into both and hopefully there's enough watts left, otherwise I might need a new power supply.

I could just splice a wire because I'm cheap like that, but that doesn't seem like a good idea in this case ;)

Anonymous said...

"The problem is I didn't have the right connector to go directly from the power supply to the card"

Yeah, I know. But having a PSU so old that it doesn't have a PCI-E power connector means you may have a PSU so old that it shouldn't really be running a serious card like that 8800GTS 512mb.

Good thing you didn't get one of the 9800 cards... They have even funkier power connector issues.

dirtywick said...

Eh, they have an adapter and it works.

Jazhara7 said...

Heh, it seems our idea of celebrating food are similar. I looove Chinese Food. My favourite Chinese Restaurant (which I talked so often about in a forum I visit, that it got shortened to "My FCR", with everyone knowing what I was talking about) was so good, we were there so often that we became friends with the owners, and even went to visit Shanghai with them a few years ago.

They no longer own that restaurant, having moved on to other business (we're still in contact with them, though), and for some time there was another owner who didn't have as good cooking. By now there's yet another owner, and they're better again, though not as good as the original owners mentioned above.

I love the roast duck, and the curry glass noodles. ^_^

Oh, and you don't sound weird. Conga rats on the new video card!


- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

dirtywick said...

I'm telling you, when you have a three year old girl people don't leave you alone. I usually go every Friday after I pick my daughter up from school because it's on the way, and they all know me there because they like to swarm her haha

They're nice people though.

It's a buffet so the food isn't that great, but for $5.99 I can eat like a pound of General's Chicken on fried rice with a handful of rangoons.

Ernie Noa said...

Great interview on NWN Podcast. Well done!