Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sidequest in a Day

That's how they all should go. Anyway, two days ago I uploaded the newest build for my epic (in length) beta which added one lengthy and one not so lengthy quest, eight areas ranging from small to medium in size, and a slew of bug fixes.

Anyway, after I did that I began to work on the next quest, which I finished completely yesterday from start to finish. Here's a screen of the area it uses:

Photobucket

They should all go that fast! So I'll be on the next one soon. In the meantime I'm going to dedicate a little time to testing The Red Prison, which should be on the vault shortly I think.

Well anyway, I downloaded a plugin for the first time since 1.03, thought I'd give them another shot. It's annoying when they break, however Powerbar was pretty useful at the time and it seems the author has kept updating it. The script search and rotating an area 90 degrees is pretty useful.

It also does a word count of everything you've written, including item descriptions! So here's a few numbers of what I've done to date:

Campaign Words: 78316
Chapter 1 Words: 73846
Chapter 2 Words: 198751
Chapter 1 Areas: 32
Chapter 2 Areas: 51

Total Words: 350913
Total Areas: 83

Holy crap eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"runs off to play test" may not see me for a day or two :P yay!!!!

Jclef said...

Holy crap, indeed - That's one helluva campaign!

EC said...

Got to agree: Godly excrement indeed. You've written a fat book there. And I'm impressed by your sidequest-in-a-day. That's quite some speed-building.

Lovely screenie BTW.